View Round The World 2008-9 in a larger map

Sunday, July 20, 2008

Day 15 - Waterfront Campsite (Livingstone, Zambia)

Hi,

We've been in The Waterfront campsite for two nights now and yesterday we went to see Victoria Falls. As expected, they were amazing and much more massive than I imagined. The roar from the falling water was tremendous and the spray was like a heavy tropical storm. It was funny watching some of the water being blown upwards by the force of the falls because it made it look like it was raining upside down. The rainbows that it created were stunning, and once I get the chance to put some photos on this blog you'll see what I mean.

Last night we went on a River Cruise - commonly known as the booze cruise because all the drink and food is included. It was only for a couple of hours just drifting gently upstream on the Zambezi so was pretty well behaved. The sunset at the end of it was incredible though - the colours in the sky just out of this world. A lot of people went to the 'disco' afterwards but I didn't fancy that as I new I had to be up early this morning to go jet-boating. I needn't have been so restrained because despite having an early night and getting up at 6.30am to a wonderful breakfast of eggs on toast (made especially for us by Pete, our cook), they'd decided to cancel the jet-boating trip for no apparent reason and didn't bother telling us. I was quite angry at first, but I'm not going to let it get the better of me since this is Africa after all, and nothing quite works the way it does at home. We're still set for a flight over The Falls this afternoon in a microlight though - I'm REALLY looking forward to that. If that gets cancelled, my dark side will definitely be unleashed...

I've had a rotten cold for the last couple of days, and have been quite grumpy but I think it's on the turn now but I have hideous chapped lips and a flaky nose to show for it. Not at all attractive.

No comments: